WooHoo!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Weight loss contests?

I don't know if we have these in the US, but I've seen a few references to them on UK and Australian websites. From the article:

An investigation into the weight loss habits of 70 slimmers showed that less than half had kept their weight off, with the remainder being overweight, obese or severely obese.

Paula Hunt, an independent dietician for Weight Watchers, says: "Even if people are successful in losing weight, by two and certainly by five years, almost all of that weight is regained."

From the BBC

I'm at a year and a half of maintenance, and chugging along 5 pounds under goal weight. Yay me! And yes, I went back to Weight Watchers and weighed in yesterday, finally. Back to the land of accountability.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home