WooHoo!

Friday, September 08, 2006

What else doesn't work

Sugar early in the day. I think this made it into an earlier post, but after yesterday it's worth repeating.

I should hold off on cookies, candy, ice cream, and the like until dessert.

Each day starts off fresh, but if I have sugary stuff I will crave sugary stuff the rest of the day. It's not an "oh crap, I blew my diet" thing, because I think anything and everything can be fit into my eating plan, I just have to track it. But one cookie leads to 2 cookies leads to a candy bar, and some pie.

Yesterday I was at 780 calories by 2 in the afternoon. Low. I should have eaten more, I would have been less vulnerable to temptation. Sitting at Jill's des, with her awesome banana cake, I said "You know, I need a snack, and this fits the bill." And with that, the trouble started. Soon afterward, someone put brownies and lemon bars out in the common area. I had one of each. And then after dinner I wanted ice cream, so we split a Peanut Butter Cup Sundae at Friendly's.

Total damage: Over maintenance calories by 400, overall nutrition for the day: pretty crappy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home