WooHoo!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Weight loss - how far I've come

Via 3FatChicks I found this Body Mass Index calculator that will also tell you your percentile. What percentile? "Weight percentile calculation considers both chronological age and median-age-for-height, as it estimates how your weight compares to a population of other people of similar gender, age and height."

So, when I decided to lose weight in the Fall of 2003 I was at the 69th percentile. I'm now at the 31st. Part of that is simply from getting older - people tend to gain weight as they age, which means as I get older my percentile will go down just by maintaining my weight as others pass me by.

I'll take what I can get, and be happy I'm below average, with a BMI in the normal range.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home